Dr. Fabiana Perocchi
- German Research Foundation (DFG)
- AcademiaNet member since 02.10.2013
- AcademiaNet- Selection Criteria
- Helmholtz Zentrum München, Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)
- Natural sciences, mathematics and statistics
Biological and related sciences
Area of specialisation
Systems Biology, Functional Genomics, Integrative Biology, Comparative Physiology
Development and Application of Integrative Research, Strategies to reach a Systems-Level understanding of signal transduction cascades regulating Mitochondrial ion homeostasis, Mitochondrial protein-protein interactions, and Mitochondrial energy production.
Integrative Approaches include: Functional Genomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, and Computational Science.
Assay Development for High-throughput genetics and drug discovery Screening.
Distinctions and Awards
DFG-Emmy Noether Research Award, 2013
Bavarian Molecular Biosystems Research Network Award, 2012
FEBS Return-to-Europe Fellowship,2011
Mass General Hospital Martin Prize for an outstanding published article in Basic Research, 2010
Mass General Hospital Partners in Excellence Award for outstanding performance and commitment to excellence,2010
Marie Curie International Outgoing Fellowship (declined), 2008
Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award,1997 – 2000
- Membership in scientific bodies, Professorship, Refereeing
2007: Functional Genomics: Assessing systems properties of yeast mitochondria through the reconstruction of a protein interaction network and whole-genome expression analysis