Prof. Alison Phipps
- The Royal Society of Edinburgh
- AcademiaNet member since 01.09.2015
- AcademiaNet- Selection Criteria
Further professional affiliations (employer name only)
- Social sciences, journalism and information
- Arts and humanities
Social and behavioural sciences, Languages
Area of specialisation
Multilingualism; intercultural relations; creative and performing arts; refugee, asylum and migration; Public engagement.
Languages and mobilities; ethical and political concerns relating to refugee, asylum and migration, including migratory aesthetics, conflict transformation, intercultural pedagogies including anthropological and creative approaches to language and cultural studies.
Distinctions and Awards
Elected Fellow of Royal Society of Edinburgh, 2015
Order of the British Empire, Queen's Birthday Honours 2012 for services to Education, Intercultural and Interreligious Relations
- Community facilitation, creative and performing arts, especially poetry. Liturgist and preacher.
I am a published poet.
English, French, German, Portuguese
1995: German and Cultural Studies