Prof. Dr. Susanne Janssen
- The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO)
- AcademiaNet member since 03.09.2015
- AcademiaNet- Selection Criteria
- Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam
- Arts and humanities
- Social sciences, journalism and information
Arts, Journalism and information, Languages, Social and behavioural sciences
Area of specialisation
Sociology of Media and Culture, Media and Communications research, Journalism Studies, Sociology of the Arts, Sociology of Music, Sociology of Literature
Susanne Janssen has published widely on the agents and institutions involved in the creation, dissemination and valuation of literature and other art forms.
Her current research focuses on changes and continuities in the classification of culture; the socialand economic significance of cultural heritage (in particular popular music heritage); processes, structures and impacts of cultural globalization; the production and consumption of online media content; cultural authority and trust; innovative practices in the media and creative industrie.
Distinctions and Awards
- International Collaborative Research projects in the field of Media, Communication and Culture.
1994: Reputation formation and the role of reviewing and criticism in the literary field