Prof. Dr. Tatiana T. Marquez-Lago
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
- AcademiaNet member since 04.09.2012
- AcademiaNet- Selection Criteria
Further professional affiliations
- Health and welfare
- Natural sciences, mathematics and statistics
Biological and related sciences, Health, Mathematics and statistics
Area of specialisation
Bioengineering. Molecular and Micro- Biology. Computational and Systems Biology. Stochastic modelling and simulation. Bioinformatics.
(1) Host-microbiota interactions in complex human diseases, (2) microbial multi-drug resistance, (3) gene expression and chromatin organization, and (4) the role and effect of mechanical forces ('mechanicanobiology') and cell compartmentalization in pathogenesis .
Distinctions and Awards
SNI, National Council for Science and Technology, Government of Mexico, 2011
Los Alamos National Laboratories Director-funded Fellowship, 2010 (declined)
Inaugural John Butcher Award in Numerical Analysis, 2005
Fellow of the Consortium of the Americas for Interdisciplinary Science, 2004
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics student award, 2002
Awarded competitive CONACyT fellowship to conduct international graduate studies with all expenses paid.
- Lectures, Membership in scientific bodies, Professorship
English, Japanese, Spanish