Sara Lindsey Carter
- The Royal Society of Edinburgh
- AcademiaNet member since 02.12.2013
- AcademiaNet- Selection Criteria
- University of Strathclyde Business School, Glasgow
- Business, administration and law
- Social sciences, journalism and information
Business and Administration, Social and behavioural sciences
Area of specialisation
Entrepreneurship policy & practice.
The effects of self-employment and small business ownership on the individual and the entrepreneurial household
The perceptions and experiences of small business owners.
The processes used by farm households in adjusting to agricultural restructuring and policy liberalization.
Business diversity (women, ethnic minorities) and the acquisition of business finance.
Distinctions and Awards
Elected Fellow Royal Society of Edinburgh, 2012
Erskine Visiting Fellow, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 2010
Appointed OBE, 2008
Prowess Prize Making an Impact: Womens Enterprise Researcher of the Year, 2007
- Lectures, Management position, Membership in scientific bodies
1997: Entrepreneurship and Agricultural Restructuring